- Nominated by: Conferred Fellow
- Primary Affiliation: Volcanology, Geochemistry, and Petrology
- Institution: Georgia Institute of Technology
- Country: United States of America
- This AGU member is a conferred fellow.
Josef Dufek was awarded the 2012 James B. Macelwane Medal and a Conferred Union Fellow at the AGU Fall Meeting Honors Ceremony, held on 5 December 2012 in San Francisco, CA. The medal is for “significant contributions to the geophysical sciences by an outstanding young scientist.”