The American Geophysical Union offers the Dr. Edmond M. Dewan Young Scientist Scholarship for Atmospheric Sciences and Space Physics. This scholarship targets graduate students studying atmospheric science and space physics. Its purpose is to encourage graduate level students to work on problems in the areas of atmospheric science and space physics. The recipient will receive a $1,000 academic scholarship made possible by the Edmond M. Dewan Young Scientist Scholarship Fund and an award certificate. Recipients do not automatically receive a Student Travel Grant for AGU’s Fall Meeting.
Applications Open: 31 January 2017
Application Deadline: 15 April 2017 11:59 P.M. EDT
Recipients Announced: June 2017
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- Current AGU student member
- Enrolled in as graduate student at time of application
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.4 or equivalent
- Must be studying topics related to atmospheric sciences and space physics
- Project Narrative: Description of project (theoretical or applied research) including statement of purpose, method, and impact
- Personal Statement: Description of why applicant has chosen to pursue this project and what he/she hopes to accomplish
- Recommendation Letter: Brief statement by faculty advisor about the project.